I am 7 weeks pregnant and either have a 24 hour stomach virus or food poiosoniong. What effect might this have on my baby?n

Been sick ( stomach..no fever) for 24 hours but feeling better today. Symtoms have subsided. Does this effect my pregnanancy?

Dear Anon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your pregnancy!

In most cases, you should be absolutely fine. However, if you are nervous, please contact your health care provider - you may even be able to go in to hear the baby's heartbeat - but bear in mind that a heartbeat sometimes can't be heard until the 9-10 week mark. I know it's very nerve-wracking in the first trimester, because sadly, there is little that can be done.

Keep an eye out for spotting/bleeding but please try not to focus on this (I know it's hard not to). You will stress yourself out. Lots of women go through flu's, colds, and viruses (or much worse)and go on to give birth to bouncing babies!

Again, call your health care provider's office for some reassurance. We wish you the very best!

Will you update us?