I am 74 years old and had a hysterectomy at age 48. I have a vaginal prolapse surgery last year and have had no problems since then. But, today I started passing blood vaginally - spotting dark brown blood. I am having no internal pain symptoms

What could be the source of this? I get a PAP smear every year and just had one in March with a negative report for cancer.

Thank you for your question!

Anytime you have unknown and unexpected bleeding, you need to be seen by a health care professional.
Your bleeding could mean anything to do with your reproductive organs or even some kind of tear so please make an appointment as soon as you can. And please keep us posted!