I am almost 15, started my period at 10-1/2, never missed one period, on 4/23/14 I had ACL/meniscus surgery, was physically active for 5 yrs, stopped activity, gained 25+lbs. last period was July 1st, a virgin, what should I do? Scared Ruth

Hi Ruth

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Are you an athlete or gymnast? 

Being inactive must be very hard on you mentally and I'm sorry you aren't able to be so physical anymore. 

You need to really watch what you are eating. You are probably eating the same way as when you were very active but now that you are on rest. the calories will not be used like they used to be and will cause weight gain. 

Limit your snacks and stick to a lean protein diet with as many vegetables and fruits are you can, as well as adding fiber. 

It looks like you have missed two periods by now? Since you are not sexually active, pregnancy is not an issue. But your weight gain may be, as well as the sudden change in your lifestyle that has been quite severe. 

You can give yourself another month or two to see if you become regular again. There are still exercises you can do, even if it's just the upper body for now, and change your diet. These changes may be all you need to get your cycles on track again. 

If you do not have your period in your next cycle, you may want to see a doctor for an evaluation but I suspect these changes are to do with your sudden lifestyle changes. 

Has this helped,  Ruth?