I am on CD44 with no period... could I be pregnant or was this a chemical pregnancy?

By June 5, 2010 - 3:37pm

Hi Ladies... I need some help. I have a Dr. appt. set up on Tuesday for a blood test but here's the situation.....

* 30 years old, healthy (hubbie is healthy as well, same age)
* Off Birth Control for 4 months and track Ovulation/Fertility
* Taking pre-natal vitamins, off caffeine and alcohol, etc.
* Regular cycles are from 29-35 days
* Right now (Saturday) I am on CD44 with NO PMS Symptoms.. could I be pregnant? I'm thinking it may have been a chemical pregnancy? These are the symptoms I was having about 10-12dpo (I ovulated May 16th - I know this for sure)

* Darkened nipples with increased number of visibile montgomery tubercules (not so many now - nipples still very dark and size of circular part is huge)
* Extremely thirsty (and not normally a big water drinker)
* Really crazy dreams
* Really tired from about 10dpo - 17dpo (and now not so much...)
* Food aversion - only interested in eating certain things and appetite has gone down
* Headaches from 10dpo-14dpo and occuring a bit
* Cramps in lower abdomen from 10dpo and for a few days had a bit (thought I may get my period early but no period or spotting at all) now I have cramps or more of a "fluttery" feeling a few times a day
* I took 3 Pregnancy Tests this week and got all negatives - all were with first urine

I'm wondering if I've just convinced myself that there's no chance I'm pregnant but if I'm not where is my period???? Could I be pregnant? Can your symptoms change after implantation? Help!

I'm in the same boat but i'm scared to test.

I will, definitely! Thanks for your input :)
Also, I was recommended by my Doctor to track my ovulation and symptoms due to the fact that I have an irregular period - I don't stress over it - I just wanted to add that so that you had all the information :)
I really do appreciate the informative answer!

Hi TTC1980

Since you are 44 days into your cycle, you may well be pregnant! But then again, 3 pregnancy tests, taken correctly that are negative pretty much tells you that you're not pregnant. Your symptoms do sound like pregnancy but you may also be feeling them due to stress about it and tracking your cycle and symptoms so carefully. Try not to do that, it'll really stress you out.

You should have no symptoms at all until after implantation.

Your doctor visit will confirm everything for you so hang tight and wait it out for the next few days. I know that feels like an eternity but we can't tell you that you are or are not pregnant or that it may be a chemical pregnancy.

Good luck with things and I do hope you are pregnant! Will you let us know, either way?