Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: i am cml patient and i have done my bonemarrow test last week plz tell me about bonemarrow test and how can i find that i am normal or abnormal i am taking gleevic for 4 months plz

By Arshad Khan

Arshad Khan

my bone marrow test was .....
20 cells were analyzed 10 were positive and 10 were negative for Philadelphia... so i am taking gleevic for last 4 months ... i am worring about this situation plz tell me why it is..... Are the tablet not working plzz tell me

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide (reply to Arshad Khan)

Arshad, I have answered your question elsewhere on the site. Pat

Arshad Khan

thanks for your answar....

Anonymous

Hi  Arshad Khan,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  A bone marrow test is a simple procedure that involves collecting a small sample of cells or tissue from the bone marrow. The test could be a bone marrow aspiration or a bone marrow biopsy or both.A bone marrow test may be required in a variety of situations. In cancers a bone marrow test can detect abnormal marrow cells or infiltration by cancer cells from other parts of the body. In anemias, a bone marrow test can detect an abnormal marrow composition helping doctors to diagnose the type of anemia.  The bone marrow report can throw light on a number of factors involving the marrow. It can tell us whether the proportion of the different cells in the marrow are normal. It can detect the presence of leukemias and other cancers including lymphomas.  It's best to discuss with your doctor any concerns you might have on any results or test.

Daisy

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: