I am experiencing pain in my lower right side and back for six weeks. My doctor keeps giving me pain medicine but the pain won't go away.

By Anonymous November 2, 2011 - 8:11am

Just wondering what could be going on. The pain is not real sharp but sometimes I am unable to lift my right leg without lifting it with my hand because the pain is sharp and persisten. The pain medicine helps but the pain never totally goes away and sometimes it gets worse.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I'm surprised that your doctor is simply giving you pain medication. While that may help with the pain, it will not get to the root of the problem.

You may have a pulled muscle, tendon or a pinched nerve. You may even have some kind of fracture. Back pain is quite common but if yours came on quite suddenly and if you are experiencing sharp pain at times (this makes a pinched nerve quite possible) then you need to be evaluated, preferably by a spine specialist.

Please ask your doctor to perform tests on you or to refer you to someone who can evaluate you properly. Will you keep us updated?

Spondylolysis Guide