I am getting really dizzy and have other symptoms as well.

I have been having the following symptoms for about a week and a half:

seeing flashing lights occasionally
sharp shooting pains in my head
my head feels heavy
my eyes go out of focus sometimes

I went to see my doctor and he said it might be serious. My friend thinks it's iron deficiency. But I'm scared it's much more worse than I've imagined. But I don't want to worry if it's really not that big. Can you please provide me with some insights as to what it can be? Thanks.

Worried Crazy

Dear Anon

I know it's hard to tell you not to worry but keep everything in perspective, for now.

Your symptoms could mean absolutely anything from an iron deficiency, as your friend said, to dehydration, to malnutrition to a brain condition to migraines. Your symptoms are very broad in the sense that they can attributed to so many conditions.

You need a full evaluation by your doctor. When you say you saw him and he said "it might be serious", what else did he say? Has he ordered further tests or told you what he means when he says "serious"?

What is your health history? Do you have a history of migraines or a family history of brain conditions? Do you have a healthy diet/exercise regime?

I hope to hear more from you soon - I know it's very worrisome but try to keep calm until you know more. I'm hoping you tell me that your doctor has ordered further investigation into this?

He didnt indicate what he meant by "might be serious" he has made another appt and is scheduling a cat scan!

My health history is pretty good, I do suffer from spinal stenosis but other than that I have no problems. There are also no known brain issues with anyone in my family... which does give me some relief, however headaches are not something that is common for me.

He also said it could be due to the birth control I am on (Diane 35)

As for healthy diet and exercise, I do get in exercise about 2-3 times a week... Im always on the go!
Eating habits could definitely be better... I have slacked more recently (hard prepping and finding healthy choices for lunch to bring to work) but I havent changed anything drastically.

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide