I am having a burning sensation/pain in my right breast. My arm hurts and I am losing mobility. What is going on?

By Anonymous April 7, 2010 - 8:18am

I had a mammogram in May last year. It was normal, however, attention was called to a finding that could be followed up. I went to my primary, asked for a biopsy. He gave
me a requisition for another xray which they would not perform. I have been having
chest pain which proved not to be my heart. I have a burning painful sensation in my right breast, in addition I am having problems with my right arm/painful mobility. I have had some therapy but it persists. What can the matter be?

I'm sorry you are in this kind of pain so let's see if we can guide you in the right direction to find out what's going on.

You may have a breast infection (have you noticed you are running a fever at all, even a low grade one?), you may have a damaged nerve or you may have some kind of muscle strain that is also affecting your arm. However, you may also have a growth in your breast that needs to be seen to. While you wait, warm compresses might help with your pain.

When you say that your mammogram was normal but there were some kind 'finding' that needed a follow-up, can you explain that? Why was your referral for an x-ray refused?

If your condition does not improve and your current doctors will not do any follow for you, please get a second opinion. All we can do now is suggest possibilities but if your doctors don't follow though, your symptoms will remain unchecked.

When you said you are getting 'therapy' can you tell us what kind? Do you mean physical therapy?

I know I've asked a lot of questions but please update us soon!

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide