I am on the Microgynon pill and missed 3 in my second week but took them soon as i remembered could i still get preganant?

By December 12, 2011 - 12:19pm

I took my pills as soon as i remembered this meant taking two pills on the same day.. i have had unprotected sex and my partner pulled out before climax.. i continued to take the rest of my pills as normal and have had my seven day break yet still haven't had my period.. i have taken a pregnancy test which was negative.. i'm now due to start my next pack of pills but unsure if i should wait to see if my period is just delayed with missing pills. what should i do continue taking next pack or wait??

Hi anoymous2

Thanks for your post and welcome!

I am not sure of that particular brand but it should come with instructions regarding missed pills - did you look them up?

In general, three missed pills in a row means you need to throw out the pack and restart and use a backup for at least 7 days. Did you miss three in a row or did you miss them over the course of a week and make them up as it happened? This can make a difference in your pregnancy risk.

You need to start your new pack as usual - don't wait for your breakthrough bleeding. It doesn't sound like you are pregnant - as indicated by your negative HPT result. If you are worried still, you can wait another week or so and retest but keep taking your pill as instructed.

Good luck and thank you for writing!