Q: 

I am not sure my boyfriend is attracted to me. Please help!!!

My boyrfriend and I have been together for just a little over 10 months now. We are both divorced and in our very early 30's. Our relationship, for the most part, has been wonderful. We do everything together and talk about everything...we have no secrets from eachother. We have arguments like anyone else but I wouldn't say they are very bad. We have been talking about marriage and having a child together for the last couple months (he brought it up) and I think he is going to propose soon. (I overheard him talking about the ring.) However, our sex life has been the exception to everything else in our relationship. I love making love with him but he acts like he really doesn't care about it. For example, we are both in bed relaxed and i start kissing on him, he will make up an excuse as to why he doesn't want to make love with me, ie im too tired, have bladder infection, headache, stressed etc. It is never about getting in the mood, the idea is cut off right from the start. We had not made love for about 3 weeks and when we tried, he couldn't get an erection. No big deal, we cuddled and I assured him it was fine...it happens. A few days later, same thing, couldn't get erect at all. That was a week and a half ago. We tried tonite and still nothing. I asked him if he is masturbating and he said he has and last time was four days ago. He had no problem getting an erection or ejaculating then, so there probably isnt anything wrong with him. I feel like he is not attracted to me at all. He doesn't look at me with desire, even when I am naked, and he doesn't touch me in sexual ways unless we were making love. He tells me he IS attracted to me and it's not me it's him. I love this man sooo much and I want to marry him more than anything in the world but I am not sure that I can go the rest of my life without having sex. Please somebody give me some advice..I am desperate.

Anonymous

I'm having the same kind of issue. Im 19, and my boyfriend is 34. We've been together for a little over a year. Our sex life was amazing for the first couple months, then it slowed doen and now it seems we haven't had sex in two months. I've tried everything... new lingerie, oral all the time randomly, compliments all the time, just touching him in a seductive way, kissing him, trying to have sex in new places or the usual, nothing works. He says he's always to tired. I'm afraid he's not attracted to me anymore. He never looks at me with desire despite what new sexy panties or bra I buy, or even completely naked. He says he is but never shows it. Its very crushing to my self esteem, because I once believed I was hot.. but now I'm not so sure. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 1 yr. At the begining our sex life was amazing, we didnt live together but when he slept over we had sex 2-3 times in a row. He is very outgoing and makes it seem like he's very sexual, he likes to talk a big game around people, I don't talk; I do! Since about 6 months ago our sex life has been horrible. He doesn't want to have sex, when I confronted him about it he said he was having ED issues and he felt bad, that he is very attracted to me but feels like less of a man because he can't get an erection. He is a sweet, caring, all around amazing boyfriend, he treats me like a queen, but our sex life is dead! I asked him to go to a doctor and he says he will but he never does anything about it and i dont want to push him because i dont want to make him feel worse. But as each day goes by i feel worse and worse about myself, I mean come on....no foreplay, no anything, he doesnt even let me do anything to him. There is no desire in him to initiate anything and that makes me feel worse. 1 week ago i bought him a supplement for ED and he sad he feels like it's working because he got an erection in the car yesterday thinking of me, but today i jumped in shower with him and nothing....i was aroused by just seeing him naked but to him i might as well not have been there. He tells me he is attracted to me and that i am beautiful and sexy but his actions tell me the complete opposite and it only gets worse as each day goes by. I love my boyfriend with my life and i will do anything for him, this is the man i want to marry and have a family with...but i dont know what to do to fix this...at this point I AM DESPERATE. We shouldnt be going through this, he is in his 20s and I am 30 thats why i cant help but think it is Me and not ED.

Anonymous

as a male , doesn't seem normal for men to decline sex right ? wrong ! .
i've dated a woman for 10 long years , not once offered or ask for sexual intercourse .
when we meet she had a child a son , as a new life partner to her , i keep my distance and try to help her with her child ,sort of a father figure i help raise her son into a young fine man .

sex isn't everything needed . sometimes need to take a step back and really look at the close picture .

I don't think you're dating her, you're probably just a good friend and helping out with her son. These women are in actual romantic relationship. A 10 year romantic relationship with no sex is just a friendship.

Anonymous

I am having a similar issue. I haven't been able to have sex in over a month. He lives with me and every time I try to initiate sex he says I need to chill because he is too tired. I've noticed that he masturbates every morning before he showers and he tries to keep it private. He doesn't know that I am aware he does this yet and it makes me feel horrible every morning for the last week. I love him so much and I get scared to talk to him about this but I feel like I cannot continue to sleep next to someone who doesn't want to touch me because he's always too tired. He doesn't even cuddle with me. We are in our early 30's and I have an hour glass figure still so I know he finds me attractive. The point is I think it may be Erectile Dysfunction. I looked it up this morning. Although this talk I want to have with him may break us up because he doesn't express himself emotionally (that's my opinion) I have to let him know I think he has ED and I'm ok with that if he can look into fixing the problem. I love him so much but if he cannot talk to me about our relationship that I have to let him go. I'm hurting with him right now and I imagine being in more pain without him :(.

Anonymous

I went through a similar thing recently. Wasn't having sex for about a month even though everything was great. We were together for 8 yrs and lived together (still do, waiting for him to move out at the end of the month) then he send me a text out of the blue stating he didn't find me sexually attracted and that he didn't know what he wanted anymore. I find it strange that he is willing to throw it all away... I'm still confused and hurt.

Out of the blue for you, possibly. However, he's been thinking about it for a long time. I'm 17 years in and it's all that's been on my mind for the past 2 years.
I love our life, I 100% hate her lack of sensuality and desire to fulfill my needs.
We have a child. I'm in it until we've raised a strong, confident, and independent person... Cannot say for sure what'll happen after that, but my requests aren't unreasonable, and I really feel like it's all her undoing.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Relationships end for many reasons, including the disintegration of sexual attraction. I wish he hadn't done this by test - not very brave or considerate of him.

Anonymous

My boyfriend is the same way. He's 22 years old and is a middle school teacher (he got the job while still in college). He's currently buying a house. I can't figure out what the issue is. He has the world in the palm of his hand. We hooked up in college before we were together but now that we are together he doesn't seem as attracted to me. I had a son almost a year ago with my ex that I placed up for adoption and him and I started dating after that and I'm afraid that that's why he is t as attracted to me. It's heartbreaking. This is the man I plan on marrying g and he just doesn't seem into me anymore sexually.

You need to talk to him. Don't even consider marriage until you work this out.
Good luck,

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide