I am pretty sure a pulled a muscle in my calf about 2 weeks ago. It was very painful and could hardly walk for a few days. It eventually bruised even to the front of my leg. I have had occasional sharp pain in the calf and it has started swelling some

By Anonymous November 3, 2011 - 6:33am

Could this be a sign of a blood clot?

Thank you for your advice.

You may have injured a muscle/tendon and this can take weeks or even months to heal properly. You may also have a pinched nerve - hence the sharp pain. Are you actively using your leg when you feel the pain or are you at rest?

Symptoms of a blood clot include:

Swelling of a limb
Tenderness along the vein, especially near the thigh
Redness, paleness, or blueness of the skin of the affected limb

For more on blood clots (or deep vein thrombosis) click here: http://www.empowher.com/heart-amp-blood/content/deep-vein-thrombosis

Since you're pretty sure you pulled something in your leg, it may not be a blood clot but to be sure, you need to put a call into your doctor.

I hope your leg feels better soon,

Blood Clots

Blood Clots Guide