I am suffering from a vaginal discharge which is sometimes brown or black in colour with blood spots occassionally.Also I have missed my periods for last 2 mths.I have continous pain in the bottom part of the abdomain.Please help

By Anonymous March 3, 2010 - 9:51am

I am 30 yrs old having a 6yrs old daughter. I have 4 miscarriages before and 1 abortion done. My periods are not regular. The vaginal discharge is heavy but odourless.

Hi, Anon,

There are a lot of things that could be going on. May I ask you a few questions?

Is it possible you are pregnant? Have you taken a home pregnancy test since you missed your periods?

Have you ever been treated for ovarian cysts?

Is the pain in your abdomen a sharp stabbing pain or more of a dull ache? When you say the pain is continuous, do you really mean it is always there? Is it worse sometimes, like when you go to the bathroom or have sex?

Have you ever been treated for endometriosis, or uterine fibroids?

In terms of your sex life, are you sexually active? Do you use protection (either birth control and/or condoms?)

Do you have the discharge all the time, or just sometimes?

Please give us a little more information, we'd like to see if we can help you figure out what's happening.