i am using calendar method eversince.

By October 9, 2015 - 3:50pm

Hi i want to ask some info. I am using calendar method eversince like 5yrs now and i always track my safe and unsafe days. Aside from that i have make sure that on the unsafe days my bf and i are using condoms to make sure.i let him not to use one on the 4th day before my next period will start.according to my cycle and the tracker.but now im a week late.maybe i am pregnant.i am experiencing back pain and abdominal cramps.
I have read other answer there is really no safe and unsafe days because it depends so i guess that answers my question its just that maybe a tip from others who uses calendar method to not use it.because we really cannot know when or how our body works.

Hi Arya,

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

It sounds like you've been lucky using the calendar thus far. There is definitely more risk involved as opposed to always using condoms or other more reliable birth control methods (birth control pills, IUD, etc.). Anytime you have unprotected sex all the days are unsafe.

With regards to you being late, it could be that your menstrual cycle is irregular due to possible change in your hormone levels. The back pain and cramps can be signs of your menstrual cycle coming in the next few days, or you could be pregnant. The easiest way to rule out pregnancy is to take a home pregnancy test.

In the future, I wouldn't rely on the calendar method. It's just too much risk and will have you worrying all the time.

I hope this helps.

Be well,