Q: 

i been on my period for 13 days.

By March 3, 2011 - 3:09pm

lately i been bleeding lightly, and my period last for a long time. is that normal? i dont bleed heavily. what is wrong with me? will this affect of me having kids? i used to take birth control pills 3 years ago. im not taking no birth control pills.

Anonymous

Hi Maryann, this is Maria.

I had my period on august 14th and lasted five days (which is normal to me) but then I started bleeding again on august 28th and it hasn't stopped. Today is my 9th day and the bleeding has become a little bit brown-ish. This is the first time this happens to me and to be honest, i'm a little surprised because my periods have always been so regular. Fair to say that I haven't changed my diet and I don't feel stressed at all.

Anonymous

, Hi, my name is Nanci and I am 25 years old.
I have been very worried. I was supposed to get my period on the 10th of August, it was the 17th and nothing so i took a home pregnancy test in the morning and it came out negative. On that same day in the afternoon I started bleeding. So i said to myself that i got my period. i went to a gyno on the 26th she checked me with her hand, and she said eveything was ok, that i just skip the ovulation process and that it was normal.. now is the 29th and i am still bleeding heavily and i dont know what to do. she told me to take birth control pills to stop it. i dont know what to do please help!!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Nanci,

Call and speak with your gynecologist. Ask her when you should start the birth control pills. She has examined you and needs to be aware that you are still bleeding heavily.

Anonymous

Been on cerazette for 3 months. switched from ava 30 after a year and a half, as was giving me migraines. never had any periods longer than my usual 7 days or had problems with ava 30. now on cerazette, my period is on it 13th day and still going... when will it stop? i had 2 periods in 3 weeks 1 month ago. should I stop cerazette, i dislike how I have no clue when it will come ever

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please talk with your gynecologist. The prolonged period and more than one period per month is putting you at risk for iron deficiency anemia.

This pill may not be the right choice for you.

Anonymous

Im 15 and ive been on my period for 12 das and still going. And ive never been on any birth control or anything.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You must tell your parent or guardian who can call your pediatrician. This is not normal and cannot be ignored.

Anonymous

HI im 16 years old, I've been on my period for exactly 13days. I used to take birth control (Depo) but haven't went back for my shot 3months ago, is this normal? should I be worried of it.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

were you getting the Depo-Provera injection for preventing pregnancy or correcting an irregular menstrual cycle?

Please contact your gynecologist about this. A period lasting 13 days is too long.

Regards,

Anonymous

hey my name is megan and i have been on my period for 13 day and i dont know what to do