Q: 

i been on my period for 13 days.

By March 3, 2011 - 3:09pm

lately i been bleeding lightly, and my period last for a long time. is that normal? i dont bleed heavily. what is wrong with me? will this affect of me having kids? i used to take birth control pills 3 years ago. im not taking no birth control pills.

Anonymous

Im 15 and ive been on my period for 12 das and still going. And ive never been on any birth control or anything.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You must tell your parent or guardian who can call your pediatrician. This is not normal and cannot be ignored.

Anonymous

HI im 16 years old, I've been on my period for exactly 13days. I used to take birth control (Depo) but haven't went back for my shot 3months ago, is this normal? should I be worried of it.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

were you getting the Depo-Provera injection for preventing pregnancy or correcting an irregular menstrual cycle?

Please contact your gynecologist about this. A period lasting 13 days is too long.

Regards,

Anonymous

hey my name is megan and i have been on my period for 13 day and i dont know what to do

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Megan,

Call your gynecologist, who knows your medical history and age.

Regards,

Guide

I am sorry to contradict your doctor, but I cannot understand that explanation.It may be time to get a second opinion.

Anonymous

When I was on my 9th day on my period I had called my doctor and she said it was normal cause blood gets clogged by my uterus so um worried.

Guide

No, that is not normal. Please give your doctor a call as soon as possible.

Anonymous

I'm 17 years old and I started taking birth contro pills and I've been on my period for 13 days now is this normal ?