Pregnancy Guide

ask: I bled 3 weeks after taking Next Choice..

By roxygirl30

I've been on birth control for a little over 4 or 5 months now and I haven't taken them faithfully but I also have not been sexually active. I ended my period the last week of July and had sex on August 6th, unprotected. I realized I hadn't taken almost a weeks worth of my "sugar" pills (if that's what the last row of them are called). He pulled out but didn't feel confident about the precum. I took Next Choice around 15 hours after it happened, no bleeding until the last week of August (around 3 weeks after) which is when my expected period was supposed to happen and it lasted for a few days. I filled up quite a few tampons and bled through onto my underwear like usual but it wasn't extremely heavy. Do you think I'm okay and shouldn't worry?

roxygirl30

I'm just afraid to take a test because I'm scared to death to know. But I wanted to wait and see if I got my period or not and I did so I'm that much relieved. I just hope that's enough..

Hi roxygirl30,

If you bled three weeks after next choice and this was around the time your period was due, then this is actually not bleeding caused by next choice but your actual period. At this point it is safe to say that you are not pregnant! :)

Best Wishes,

Rosa

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :