I Can't Stand It!

By January 4, 2010 - 8:09am

Is there anything,anything to make my desire for sex disappear? Why? For nthe first time isd decades, I met and fell I love with a man. The love was not returned. We were never intimate, yet, since I met him, my sexual urges have been off the wall. These extreme feelings have not abated in 2 years! There is no other man in my life so I am back where I was so there is no opportunity for, even, an encounter. I have read about women who are married and have no sex drive. I would gladly give mine to one of them! How can I get rid of these feelings? If I could, I would go with the man for even one night and the feelings would over, (I think) but that is not possible, now,for he is married.

Hi Tyme

Are these feelings you have specific to this man only? Or do you have them in general?

If they are specific to this man, time is what it takes to stop them but since it has been two years, you may have to work to avoid him completely in order to "wean" yourself, so to speak. You cannot be blamed for having these feelings toward him. But kudos to you for your self-restraint.

If this man were not in the picture, would you still have strong sexual urges? When you think about sex, are your thoughts solely directed at him?

You know what, susan, when I see him at the church(yes, we both belong to the SAME church and both are active members, also, so several Sundays I see him unless I CHOOSE to worship at another church to avoid cointact or seeing him), I still get that feeling, now. Also, it seems that the situation with him has awakened this thing in me that makes me want to be intimate with a man if not him BUT it can't be just any man. Do I make any sense to you? I want to have sex with a man who cares for me and not just a Joe Blow One Nighter. Truthfully! If I could havejust one night with that man at the church, I think, I would be just fine and these pent up emotions would go away. I think.....!

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide