I developed a Linea Nigra on my stomach, but I'm not pregnant?

Hi, I'm 22 and just a few days ago I noticed a darker line under my belly button going all the way to my Pelvic area. I read about the line and that it develops usually in pregnancy. However, I'm not pregnant as I had protected sex followed by a period 3 weeks ago and no other odd symptoms.. I believe I just finished ovulating so maybe that plays a role? But I'm not too sure.

Is there any reason for this line to just suddenly appear? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
You are correct that you are not pregnant. You probably do not have Linea Nigra. The line may be an imprint from your clothes, a tan line, or something of that sort. It is probably not due to any serious health problem.