i dnt kno what to do or if its normal

By Anonymous November 11, 2009 - 2:24am

My period is never late so that's was the problem it came on yes but late n only for four days which that never happen to me I sleep a lot n always want to eat I didn't take a test I'm scared n I never been in this sistuiton. I dnt kno what to think. Somebody help n my doctor told me I couldn't have kids n I have been tryin in the pass!

With all due respect to your mom, please don't assume for a moment that the rape has made your infertile. That may have been a fear of your mom's or an old wives tale that she heard growing up. But unless there was damage to your organs during the rape or a sexually transmitted disease that affects fertility occurred, a rape should not cause infertility.

If you have not had any testing to confirm infertility, consider yourself fertile.

I would not worry about a period that was a couple of days shorter than the ones you usually have. Any number of things could cause this and this is not an indication of pregnancy. Again, as I said, take a pregnancy test if you'd like, but it's likely you are not pregnant if you had your period after unprotected sex.

I would also encourage you to talk to a counselor who can help you understand the impact - both physically and physiologically, of rape. You can contact RAINN, the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network at www.RAINN.org or call them toll free at 1.800.656.HOPE

Please keep in touch.

Thx u and I will I'm gonna get that test n let u kno

I wasn't badly beaten sorry

I'm so sorry that you suffered from a rape. However, I'm not altogether sure that you are infertile, based on a doctor's visit.

How extensive was the testing done after your assault? Rape can cause infertility if the body was damaged via being beaten in the course of the rape, or if the assault was on a young child or was also done with objects that could damage the internal organs. An STD as a result of the rape could also cause infertility. Was your attack very violent? I'm terribly sorry this happened to you and that you were able to receive counseling.

Idk how much money its was because I didn't not have to pay for that I was young I didn't take counseling becuz I didn't think I needed it I was badlu beaten he ruffly put his self in me n must of broke something because all I do remember is my mother explainin to me I might not be able to have kids n I was in there in the er for a couple days

If you had a regular period for 4 days, then you can't be pregnant. Some women do have implantation bleeding in early pregnancy but it's implantation "spotting" and wouldn't be like a period. You wouldn't really need protection like a tampon, you'd just notice a drop on toilet paper or a little on your under wear.

Even the most regular women can have an 'off' month where they are late, early or their period is longer or shorter that usual.

You can take a pregnancy test if it helps to ease your mind but it's not at all likely that you're pregnant.

I don't understand what you mean about someone telling you that you cannot have kids. Can you explain this a little more to us? And also, how old are you and are you using birth control?

We hope to hear more from you!

No birth control at all. I'm 22 n I went to the doctors when I was raped n they told me my insides ovrals was damnage

Dear Anon,

Was this a regular period that lasted four days or was it just light spotting? If it was regular then it may very well have been a normal period that happened to be late. The best way to find out whether or not you could be pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Let us know what happens!

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

It was my reg period but it usaully last for 7 days this time it didn't only 4 days n its was late