I do not have HVP anymore?

Yesterday I have a culposcopy and the doctor saw some abnormal cells. At the end of the pap test she said I am not going to do a byopsy. I deam it as normal I am just doing a pap. does that mean that it has gone away and they are just going to follow up in nine month to be sure?

Thanks for your question - it's a good one!

Did you get an actual dagnosis of HPV? Based on what you have said, I will assume you did.

You are not free of HPV - you have it and may have it for life. What this means is that you have atypical cells in your cervix (commonly seen in women with HPV) and your doctor is taking a "wait and see" approach, because these abnormal cells often dissipate on their own accord and if she does not see major cell changes. If they do (you will find out in the course of the next year or two) you will still need an annual test and you may still have HPV, but it will be dormant - meaning it may still be in your system but not causing any harm.

Bear in mind this could change at any time and you can still transfer the virus to other sexual partners.

But so far so good, it seems, according to your doctor. She will carefully evaluate your next pap to monitor any cell changes.

Let me know if I understood your question correctly. I hope this helps you!