I don't have any withdrawal blEeding(just a little dizziness) after taking unwanted 72. I took it within 10 hrs after just rubbing of genitals. does that mean pill is ineffective?

By September 27, 2012 - 6:49am

I mean I had the rubbing just on the 8th day after the first day of my periods. I read that withdrawal bleeding occurs within 5 7 days. But till now I haven't faced any. I m due on 12th. Is this normal?

HERWriter Guide (reply to swatts1786)

Hi swatts1786

Withdrawal bleeding doesn't happen to all women. But you just had genital touching so your risk of pregnancy is very low anyway, unless sperm got inside your vagina from this.

So there is no real 'normal' when it comes to Emergency Contraception. Your risk of pregnancy is extremely low but you can test for pregnancy 14 days after sexual contact.