I don't know whats going on..?

By April 25, 2010 - 9:47pm

I'm 19 Years old. I WAS on the depo shot. October '09 I was due for my last shot but nvr got it bc I didn't want to be on it any longer. I spotted from then till Feb '10 when I had a regualar period. I had another in March and they were about 30 days apart. Since then I did have unprotected sex.. I should have been expecting my period around April 13th or so but just now got it and it is the 25th. I thought maybe i was pregnant. But I have started my period. I calculated and that would make me have a 43 day cycle.. Is this normal, is my period still messed up from the depo? Could it be something else? Please help.?

Hi KaylaMae!

Thank you for your question and welcome!

Your cycle does seem a bit off since you ended the Depo, eh? This is pretty typical for Depo.

The good news is that Feb and Match were pretty consistent - it's just this month that is off. And very off - more than two weeks.

Were you regular before you went on the Depo? How long were you on it?

Looking at reports from other women, coming off Depo can lead to terrible tenderness in the breast and periods that don't start up again for up to 6 months and very unpredictable cycles. They find it very frustrating, as I'm sure you do too.

Talk to your doctor on your next visit. Are you looking to become pregnant? Is that why you are having unprotected sex?

I was on Depo for about a year and a half.. Before the Depo my cycles were pretty regular. That's why I was worried this time with it being two weeks off since I did have consistent in Feb and March.
I am not neccessarily 'trying' to get pregnant, but if it happens, it happens.