I Don't Think I Can Be Pregnant, I'm Just Going Crazy

So, here's the situation. I'm twenty years old, and I had protected sex (used a condom correctly) on June 23rd. I had my period right on time on July 3rd, about a week and a half after I had intercourse. The period was normal, even on the heavier side, and lasted a full seven days. I started getting paranoid though, just because I'm deathly afraid of getting pregnant, and googling around has led me to believe that women can get "periods" (spotting or other such bleeding that is nearly identical to menstrual periods) during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. Because I got spooked, I bought two pregnancy tests on July 27th and took them a couple of days apart- both were negative. Since I took them a full 34 days after I had sex and three weeks after my last period, I assume that they'd be correct (especially since I DID have a period, or what was identical in every way to a period, after I had sex). And yet, I'm STILL paranoid. I should be getting my next period in a couple of days, but can someone just put my mind at ease, please? I'm not pregnant, right?

Thanks for your post.

We cannot guarantee you that you are not pregnant - nobody can do that. Your pregnancy fears are something that you're going to have to work on, so that you don't stress so much but nobody else can tell you -especially over the internet, whether you are pregnant or not.

What we can tell you is having used a condom AND gotten your period afterwards, as well as two negative pregnancy tests would indicate that it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Your odds are extremely low. Stop reading up on all the scare stories on line. They only lead to freaking people out and there are so many "this happened to my friend's friend" and "my cousin's neighbor had this happen to them..." that it becomes a breeding ground for paranoia.

Your period will very likely arrive this week or weekend.