i get bad heartburn and sometimes nausea the week before my period,is that normal?

By February 6, 2012 - 6:06am

during my period i have bad back aches and uterus cramps ,heavy bleeading and large blood clots .its been going on for years.i am 32 now.

I get heartburn a week before my period too, but not every month. I also get accompanying headaches. The joys of womanhood!

Hi venusblue,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Not everyone will experience the same symptoms before their period.  But the feeling of Nausea might be due to the hormonal changes in your body preparing for your cycle.  It might be good to let your doctor know of all your symptoms. 

PMS Guide