I get my periods every 15 days. my hemoglobin has dropped down to 8 , PLEASE HELP ME .

By July 2, 2015 - 11:19am

Hello mam/sir,
i am facing a very serious problem with my menstrual cycle. i am getting my periods every 15 days. i am facing this problem since one year now when i was in India. i was taking pills for the same which did help. My hemoglobin has dropped down to 8.1. i am in dire need of help. please advice me on this.

Thank you.

Your blood count is certainly low. This means you may be anemia, meaning you are low in iron. You may need to take an iron supplement.

Please talk to your doctor further on how to stop your periods from happening twice a month (birth control may help) so that this bleeding will stop.

Thank you Susan for the advice! :)
i am already on multivitamins. i am having- Vit B12, D3, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, One-a-Day women's tablet and Intergra (it's a iron/folic acid supplement) ALSO i m having birth control pills. All this was suggested by my gynecologist.

i just have one question now-- having birth control pills will stop this twice occurrence of the periods?? I have not started taking birth control pills as yet. Please tell me so that i can immediately start taking birth control pills too.

Thank you once again. I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

HERWriter Guide (reply to AnujaB13)

Hi again!

Birth control pills should correct this problem - it does in many cases but not all. Give them a few month to see if they work. Talk to your doctor about which pills will work best for you and when to start them.

Hello Susan,
I have started taking birth control pills since 2 weeks now. And now that i am having my periods, its been heavy since day 1. I dont have such a heavy bleeding usually. Is this due to birth control?
if yes, is that ok?? Please consult me on this. Eagerly waiting for your reply

HERWriter Guide (reply to AnujaB13)

Hi again!

You have posted on this several times today and have been already helped.

Thanks Susan! You have given me a green signal to start the birth control pills. Initially i thought they are just birth control pills and they have nothing to do with the frequent occurring of the periods but now i can definitely give it a try and see if it works. "Lo Loestrin Fe" are the birth control pills that i have been given. I hope this will work for me.