I had a blister on my nipple and it had a little white stuff that came out. I put an ointment on it and it is now gone

By April 21, 2010 - 8:51am

I put an ointment call iodex on the nipple and the next day I was able to squeeze out a white substance. Now the nipple is ok and back to normal

Hi PennyWalter

It sounds like they could be Montgomery glands, used to lubricate the nipple. They are normal and meant to be there and don't need popping.

However, a nipple is part of your skin. It may have been that you had a pimple or perhaps an ingrown hair that just needed some popping. And yes, people can get pimples on the nipple! If it has healed up, it sounds like you were able to take care of things and all is well again.

If this was a one-off thing, don't worry. But if you notice more cropping up then check with your doctor that you are not popping glands.

I hope this helps!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide