I had done a unprotected sexual intercourse during 2 day of my periods and i took an i pill in 48 hour for safety. But now after a week i again starting bleeding unknowingly and the color of my blood is a bit brown m too scared what do i do please rever

I m 23 and totaly scared because of unknowing bleeding and the color of my blood is little brown
Please help me what should i do ? Please revert back as early as possible

When you have unprotected sex and take emergency contraception, there are several side effects. They can include headache, nausea and bleeding 2-7 days after taking it. So this is likely what is going on with you. According to some manufacturer's this is a sign you are not pregnant.

It may take another week to three weeks to get your next period. This irregularity is normal as a side effect of taking the medication. The fact that it is brownish is ok. This is a combination of old and new blood.

Anon, taking emergency contraception is something that should be done in true emergencies as the side effects can be both uncomfortable and stressful. Please have a condom ready at all times.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills