I had a double mastectomy, my left breast was found to have a yeast infection in and around the ex-pander. I was told it was pudding think of yeast. Have you ever heard of such a infection ?

I also had 4 blood clots go into my right lung post op.

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are going through these health issues. 

Truth be told, we can get yeast infections anywhere!  We tend to think of them as vaginal yeast infections but we can get them in our mouths, on our scalps and our foreheads, as well as different places in our bodies. 

Your expander should be temporary, is it gone now? 

Regarding your yeast infections in terms of your reconstruction, this can happen when the steri strips are not completely dry and the breast area is not completely dry and aired out before application.  This is likely why you have the yeast infection. 

Make sure every piece of skin and gauze and strip is fully dry before application. 

I hope this has helped to explain things. 

Your blood clots are worrisome. What is going on with that? 

We hope to hear back from you soon,

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide