I had my period 16 days earlier than my expected period after taking next choice....

Hi, im concerned about when i should be gettting my period after taking next choice. This is a bit complicated but i ended my period on the 13th of July. I had unprotected sex around the 19th of July. I took next choice to make sure i wasn't pregnant. After taking it i got my period on the 26th. That was 16 days earlier than i was suposed to have my expected period (Aug 10th). I had unprotected sex again on the 6th of Aug. ( smart i know.) I do know that its normal to have an early period but im not sure if that counts as my period for august (10th) or if it was just an early one that didnt count. Also, could i still get pregnant from having sex on the 6th?

Thank you, please help.

Hi Calilover

The bleeding you experienced was a side effect of Next Choice - we can't say if it counted for you actual period for August (it could be), we would not know this as NC side effects are different for everyone. Some bleed after like you did and two weeks later get their "real" period. Each woman is different but NC is about 92% effective so your risk of pregnancy from having unprotected sex in July is very low.

If you had unprotected sex on the 6th of August and did not take precautions afterward, then you are at risk for pregnancy. You can take a test 14 days or more, after you had unprotected sex.

Thank you but itsnt is less likely that i'll be pregnant because i had unprotected sex after i had my period on the 31st?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Caliluver0826)

Your risk may be lowered, yes, but pregnancy can still occur.To what extent we cannot say.