I had my period on 4-1-09 which ended on the 5th...is it possable that I am pregnant?

I had my period on 4-1-09 which ended on the 5th. I had sex multiple times on the 11th then spotted and cramped on the 20-21st. I took a test on 5-1-2009 and it was negative... I havent had my period yet is it possable that I am pregnant?

I agree - it's hard when we don't know what's going on and nobody can just give us a solid answer!

I know the days until the 18th will be frustrating but so much about reproduction is that dreadful waiting game; many women go through it but it doesn't make it any easier when you are the one waiting!

Please give us an update as soon as you know something!!

sometimes i really dislike being a girl lol.

They are irregular on occation but not usually this late. i have an oppointment scheduled for the 18th with my obgyn, but its frustraiting to have to wait... I've been craving steaks and eating them almost everyday.... expensive craving.... but everything else tastes gross

Yes, I would think the test would be positive on the 5th, since that would mean you would have been in day 35 of your cycle.

This doesn't mean anything is 'wrong' - it could just mean that you are irregular. It can also mean that yes, you pregnant. At this stage, anything is possible.

Are your periods normally irregular?

I did take a test on the 5th and it was negative???? the test should pick it up if you are around two weeks pregnant right? i would be around 4 now if i was... i'd think it would show up... just a little worried that something might be wrong...

Thanks so much for the update.

The most annoying problem with wondering if you are pregnant is that PMS and period symptoms can be very similar to early pregnancy symptoms!

The common denominators are just want you are experiencing : breast pain, bloating etc.

The nipples becoming darker is more a sign of pregnancy, however.

When did you last take a pregnancy test? If it hasn't been a for a few days, take a digital test. I know it can get pricey - as I think a digital can run $15 or so but I would suggest another test. If it is still negative but you don't get your period, you may want to get a blood test which will show if you are pregnant or not, even if your hcg levels are low.

hcg levels are the hormones excreted in pregnancy - the ones a pregnancy test is looking for. If they are very low, a test may not pick up on it but a blood test will let you know one way or another.

Was May 1st the last time you took a pregnancy test?

well, i still havent started but the test showed negative.... I'm bloated, my breast hurt, nipples are darker and larger with veins starting to show. What in the world is going on!?

Hi anon,

- Are you trying to become pregnant?
- Do you typically have "irregular" cycles, or are they consistent?
- How long are your cycles? (length of cycle is calculated from your LMP to the start of your next period).

Anytime you have unprotected intercourse, there is a possibility of pregnancy. This chance is increased if you have sex during a "fertile time", which for many women is between days 11 and 21 of their cycle (you had sex on the 11th day of your cycle, correct?), when they are most likely ovulating.

It has been 35 days since the date of your last menstrual period (LMP), and the gauge is a cycle that lasts longer than 35 days may be considered "abnormal". Have you had a cycle that has lasted longer than 35 days before?

Pregnancy tests claim to be 99% accurate in picking up the pregnancy hormone once a period is missed. You may want to try another pregnancy test, and I would suggest calling your OB/GYN to see what they recommend as well. You can go to the doctor and have a test done that would yield more conclusive results, if the home pregnancy test is still negative, and your period still has not started.

Let us know if you need more information, and what your test results are!