I had my period last month, and I havent had sex in two months, but I am late? I can't be pregnant right?

By Anonymous April 23, 2015 - 11:24am

I had sex Feb. 15, I got my period March 6th, it was normal, nothing different about it. I havent gotten mine in April. My calendar app's tell me i am 18 days late. I am usually later than the calender, but not this bad. I have been walking alot more, to try to lose weight, and stressed with finals coming, could this be the reason I am late? I feel as if my period is coming, but every time i check, its not there. Please Help!

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

Even though you haven't had sex in 2 months, you can be pregnant if when you did it was unprotected or if the birth control method failed in some way.

Hormone levels fluctuating can cause your menstrual cycle to become irregular, but other things too like a few you mentioned -increased exercise and stress, but even with that, 18 days is a long time to be late.

Your age could be a factor?  If you are between the ages of 30 - 50, you could be experiencing signs of perimenopause.  Could You Be In Early Menopause?

The fact that you are experiencing some feeling that your menstrual cycle is coming could be the normal pre-menstrual symptoms or you could be pregnant.  

Take a pregnancy test to be on the safe side.  If the result of that is negative, make an appointment to see your doctor.  

I hope this information helps.

Be well,