ask: I had a normal period of 4 days (normal for me) and after 2 days it started again.

My period comes around every 28 to 30 days. Well this month I was suppose to start around Feb 3 or 5th but instead I started on the 12th. So I stopped bleeding four days later and had unprotected sex on the 17th. The next 3 days I bleed again lightly but the last 4 days have been like a normal heavy period... My normal period never last more than 5 days and this is the second one of the month and it's been 7 days long... What is going on.... Please help

Anonymous

Thank you for your question. This is not uncommon. It is very normal to bleed for a few days then all of a sudden, your period will disappear only to return a day or two later. The menstrual cycle is so weird and unpredictable that every one of us are different so the reason may not be justifiable but rather to say - sometimes it just happens. For example, my "normal periods" are two days, one day off then returns for another 3 days. I know, odd right? Well, this has happened for the last nine months or so - so this is what I call my new "normal".

If you experience pain or another other complications, call your doctor immediately, otherwise, this may just be "one of those months".

Good luck,
Missie

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: