I had sex 7 days before my period was due and I am 2 days late, could I be pregnant?

I had unprotected sex on 21st July, my period was due 29th July and I haven't come on my period yet and I am currently two days late. I am pretty regular with my periods so its worrying me that I haven't came on my period yet. I know I'm only 2 days late and I'm probably just being paranoid but like I said my periods are regular. I took an ovulation test yesterday and it came back negative. So could I still be pregnant or any reason on why my period is late when I'm usually on time?

I have seen some childish answers on this site about being too young, I'm 18, at college and going to uni next year, so please no critisms about me being too young or irresponsible. I've read on the internet that the safest time to have unprotected sex is just before your period, and I have done this but now I am late. Someone please give me some advice?

By the way, I didn't have sex just before my period just because I read that its the safest time.

Thank you for your question. Do not worry about any criticism, it's perfectly normal to ask any health questions you might have. That's what we are here for. Anytime you have unprotected intercourse, your chances for a pregnancy to occur are higher. If you don't want a pregnancy, it's best to use protection. Such as condoms or birth control pills. If you are late on your period and took a home pregnancy test the results was negative, than it's unlikely you are pregnant. Hope this has helped?

At home I taken an ovulation test, because that's all I had and it came back negative. The reason I tried this was because some people have told me ovulation tests can detect pregnancy, although some people have said it doesn't, so I was also wondering if anyone knows for sure if they do or don't? And again I am only 2 days late, so if it does detect pregnancy, how early can I do one to see whether I'm pregnant or not?