I had sex a day after my period ie 1st April and I took postinor 2 immediately after the intercourse. I'm having a severe side effect .

By April 10, 2013 - 10:18am

Is this what happens to most ladies or could it be that I'm pregnant already that is why I'm having this severe side effect . After taking pills as prescribed the following day I was caught up with cold, three to five days it got more serious then on the 7th day I had vaginal bleeding. 8th to 11th have been spotting some blackish drops in my pants. apart from this I've also been having cramps in my abdomen and symptoms of malaria like general weakness, feverish, loss of appetite, chills and at sweats a lot . I'm afraid to take in anti-malaria drugs because of the postinor 2. Are these all to be assume as the side effect of postinor 2 or........ What do I do I'm scared.

thanks for your answer Susan. Please can I ask another question? How long does the postinor 2 birth control pills works in our body and also when pregnant and you take it what are the side effect?

HERWriter Guide (reply to ELIMAL)

Hi again!

Emergency contraception is advised for each occurrence of unprotected sex (occurring over multiple days) as it doesn't last in your system in order to stop getting pregnant from having sex again, say, days later.

There shouldn't be a serious side effect if you are pregnant but if you think you are, then take a test.

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you may have some kind of infection or virus. I think you need to see a doctor about this as your symptoms are not generally associated with a reaction to a birth control pill.

If you are living in an area where malaria is a possibility, then make sure you see your doctor.

Infections of the Digestive Tract

Infections of the Digestive Tract Guide