I had sex last 19th of january, then i took postinor-2 on the 22nd. After 6 days i started to have bleeding. Is it the effect of the postinor that i took? Because i supposed to have my menstration on the 6th of february.

By Anonymous January 31, 2015 - 4:52am

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

One of the common side effects of postinor 2 is breakthrough bleeding.  This is normal and no cause for alarm.  Your period will return to normal soon.

In the future, it is important for you to know, that positron 2 must be taken within the first 24 hours after having intercourse in order to be fully effective.  Its effectiveness drops to 58% when taken 48 to 72 hours later.

So in the future try to take it within 24 hours.

Anonymous (reply to fchacon)

But the bleeding lasted for only 3 days and the flow is not that heavy. Couldn't it be the implantation bleeding? Should I be worried? Thanks for your kind response.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should definitely not be worried.  The EC caused the bleeding.  Wait it out and you will see your period return to normal soon.

Anonymous (reply to fchacon)

So I don't have to be worried about getting pregnant? And am I not going to have my menstuation this month?

Anonymous (reply to fchacon)

So meaning I am safe from getting prenant? And am I not going to have a mentruation this month? Sorry, I'm just getting paranoid about it.