I had unprotected sex, and the next day I took plan b. About 3 days later I started my period, but it has continued on for a week, with no change. I am only concerned because my normal period is only about 3-4 days?

Usually there are signs of my period stopping, lighter flow etc. I'm only concerned because this period seems to be heavier and way longer than normal. Should I consult a physician?

This bleeding is likely due to be from Plan B and the bleeding can be prolonged. There should be no reason to talk with your doctor at this stage unless you feel it necessary. 

Your bleeding should stop in the next few days. Your next period may be irregular as a result of Plan B.

Thanks so much!