Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the last day of my period, took the morning after pill, then a week later got what seemed to be my period again. What is happening?

By Elise8992

On the last day of my period my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. We got caught up in the heat of the moment, and it just happened. The next morning I went and got the emergency contraception pill. Two days later, we had sex again. The condom broke, however, he pulled out as soon as it happened and did not ejaculate inside of me. A week after taking the pill, I got what seemed like another period. It lasted about 4 days, and while it was not as heavy as my normal period, it was heavy enough to be more than just spotting. Will I get my period at my normal time of the month? Could I be pregnant? What are the chances of pregnancy in a situation like this?

SaintSinner

i agree with cary, if you're still in doubt why not purchase a pregnancy test kit?

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Elise

It sounds like you've done everything you could to avoid pregnancy other than the unprotected sex. I would imagine your risk is not high. I have answered this question on Plan B before, so I'm going to link you to that answer. http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/plan-b-and-birth-control

Plan B has an effect on your cycle for a couple of months. I hope this helps answer your questions. If you want to discuss it further let us know. Thanks for writing, and good luck.

How do you control your PMS?: