i had unprotected sex wit my girlfriend on d first day of her monthly period, she took postinor2 after 43hrs, she experienced a lighter menses dat day and d flow ended d previous day(4days later), wat are d chances of d drug effectiveness

By December 2, 2014 - 2:47pm

use of postinor2 during menstration

hello Susan, my girlfriend just told me dat she had some drops of blood last nite which lasted for about 4hrs, she also said she feel weak and loss of appetite...could it be d drug effect and does d blood show dat it actually worked???

susan thanks 4 ur reply, I want to knw if it was d drug dat made her menses lighter than normal and eventually stopped on d 4th day which its not normal according to wat my girlfriend...I also want to knw d signs dat d drug was effective

HERWriter Guide (reply to zuboy)

Hi again

It may have been the medication that lightened her period. 

The sign that the drug was effective is that she doesn't become pregnant. Some women bleed 3-7 days after taking this drug, some don't. There are no definitive answers to your question, as each woman is different. 

As I said, her risk is very, very low.  That's all anyone can tell you. 

Hi zuboy

Having sex on the first day of a period rarely ends in pregnancy but since she took emergency contraception, her risk is even lower. The medication is up to 95% effective.