i have alot of pain during sex can you help me?

By Anonymous February 18, 2011 - 12:24pm

My husand and i have been married for two years.. we just had a baby 7 months ago, and now the sex has gotton to where it hurts bad.. when he is trying to go back and forth it feels like a knife is cutting my vaginal wall... we dont use condoms cause i am on the pill. but what could make it hurt so bad.. i dont understand it there is nothing on his penis when he penatrates me, and there is nothing inside me.. if you can help me i would greatly apperciate it alot. thanks

If sounds as though you may have an injury to your pudental nerve. I have that from child birth. You may want to try pelvic floor physio.

Thanks so much for your question and welcome! Congratulations on your new baby!

Sex after a baby is often difficult. Are you breast feeding? This can decrease vaginal lubricant and makes sex more painful. Also, are you using lots of lubricant?

Did you have any vaginal injuries during birth, that you know of?

Also, I'd like to read about a condition called Vulvodynia and tell me if anything in the article rings a bell with you:

Do you have pain in your outer genitalia too or just inside your vagina? And is it only during sex? Can you comfortably use or tampon or put your finger inside your vagina?

Lastly, was the birth of your baby emotionally traumatic for you?

I know I'm asking you a lot of questions but we need to know more details to help you further.

I hope to hear back from you soon and let me know what you think of the article I linked you to.

Painful Sexual Intercourse

Painful Sexual Intercourse Guide