Community

Can't Find Something?

kristincaliendo Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

ask: I have been Diagnosed with Mild Antral Gastritis

Hi
I was just wondering what food's I can eat after being diagnosed with Mild Antral Gastritis? Breads especially, Can I eat soups and yogurts? Is it a good thing to drink Water? Rice's or Pasta? Im just so confused because everyone says something different..
Hoping you can help or put me on to someone who has recipes for this condition? Mainly Pasta or rice recipes?

Thank you

Ann

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hello Anonymous

Did you discuss diet with the provider who diagnosed you? Were you prescribed medication? Sometimes a provider will feel dietary changes are not that important with gastritis, and other times they feel it is. It partially depends on what is causing the gastritis. We do have some general information on gastritis: http://www.empowher.com/condition/gastritis/definition.

I suggest you contact the diagnosing provider and clarify your dietary and medication requirements. That way the person discussing diet with you is familiar with exactly what you have going on, as well as your medical history.

I hope you feel better soon, because I know gastritis can be very uncomfortable. Thank you for writing and good luck.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: