Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia. I live in Swindon in the UK. Please can you recommend someone that I can see for advice

By Anonymous April 8, 2016 - 12:42pm
Rate This

I had an attack of genital herpes and than for the last seven weeks I have a burning and sometimes on good days a tingling feeling inside my vagina. It is not at the entrance bit inside my vagina. I have not pain at all in my vulva area of labia in the inside of my thighs. The burning is about two inches towards the back and inside my vagina. Please can you recommend someone in the UK near Swindon in Wiltshire that I could see for advice.

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry you're in so much pain but it's a good thing that you have a diagnosis so you know what you're dealing with.

EmpowHER is an American-based company, not a British one. Your NHS system there should be able to help you and your doctor who diagnosed you need to refer you to a gynecological specialist in Vulvodynia in your area. Please start there. We wish you are speedy treatment plan and to be free of pain soon.

Read more here on our very helpful Vulvodynia Share: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/full-vulvodynia-journey-my-emotional-tracks-cure


April 8, 2016 - 2:29pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Vulvodynia Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!