I HAVE BEEN GETTING MY MONTHLY 2 TIMES EACH MONTH SINCE APRIL I'VE HAD IT 5 TIMES SO FAR THE KICHKER IS IM ON BIRTH CONTROL AND NOW IM ALSO ON ESTRODIAL 1MG THINGS HAVEN'T CHANGED SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?

ALL OF MY LIFE MY PERIOD HAS NEVER BEEN RELIABLE AS IN I NEVER KNEW WHAT PART OF THE MONTH I WOULD BE GETTING IT BUT I ALWAYS GOT IT NOW I HAVE BEEN GETTING IT TWICE A MONTH SINCE APRIL OF THIS YEAR. I AM STILL CURRENTLY ON MICROGESTIN 1.5 AND GIVEN ESTRODIAL 1MG TO HELP THICKEN THE WALL OF MY EUTRIS THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE AT ALL STILL CONTIUING TO GET MY PERIOD IT IS NOT A SHORTENED PERIOD OR A LONGER PERIOD ALWAYS FIVE DAYS. I ALSO GET MIGRAINE HEADACHES BEFORE DURING AND AFTER MY PERIOD. I HAVE A FAMILY HISTORY OF ENDOMETRIOSIS, OVARIAN CANCER, EUTRIN CANCER, FIBROID TUMORS, HYSTORECTOMIES, AND OTHER THINGS BREAST CANCER, LUNG CANCER AND MUCH MORE.

Clearly you have something going on with your menstrual cycle, whether it's a hormonal balance or cysts or something else that is causing you to be so irregular. This imbalance may be quite severe if birth control is not helping.

I suggest you talk to your doctor further about testing your hormones, including your adrenal health, thyroid hormones as well as reproductive hormones.

You should also have scans done to look for any fibroids/cysts/growths in your reproductive system to see if any of that could be the cause of so much irregularity and bleeding.

Have you had any testing of this kind already?

I have already talked to my doctor about this and she only has me on the estrodial 1mg plus microgestin1.5mg for 21 days. She said all that came back was that I do have a tiny fibroid but she doesn't think that is causing it. I haven't really had any testing of any kind done she did a pap and the ultra sound but all that showed was the tiny fibroid like I said other than nothing has been done I am frustrated and irritated by all of this because I don't want to spend another four months on this hormone.

Hi again!

I think you need to return and request further testing including blood tests and a full pelvic MRI. I understand your frustration but more testing is probably needed.