I have been having white discharge the past 3 days or so. I'm supposed to be getting my period today, but I'm worried this could mean something else? It doesn't burn or itch. I take BC everyday religiously at the same time. I'm worried I may be pregnant?

By April 30, 2013 - 4:53pm

Hello Alemas,

It is very common for a woman to experience varying amounts of vaginal discharge before the start of a period. White discharge normally occurs at the beginning and end of your menstrual cycle. Since there is no itching, burning or foul odor, you have nothing to worry about.

If you are taking your birth control pills regularly, then you should be protected against pregnancy.