I have been with my partner for 2 years last year I was checked for any sti's and got the all clear but now after a routine smear has been told i have trichomasis does this mean my partner has been unfaithful ?

By April 1, 2013 - 9:47am

Hi missk!

Your question was also answered here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/i-have-been-my-partner-2-years-las...

We appreciate just one posting of a question, thanks for your understanding!

Nobody can tell you if your partner has been unfaithful - only he knows that.

However, yes, of course there is a possibility that he has been; you need to ask him. It's likely he will say no (nobody really admits these kinds of things!), but you at least have to ask.

Men, as Daisy said, may not always have symptoms but women generally do.

If you have had clear results before and now are coming up positive for an STI, then it's time to have a talk with your partner. Did you have symptoms or was it just randomly found during a routine pap?

Thankyou for the reply, it was just a routine pap my doctor said it could have been dormant in either me or my partner ??

Trichomoniasis Guide