i have bronica bronchitis since i was a child

am 30 year old male i have had bronica bronchitis since i was born my sperm count is 0 but i drank alot as am desperate for a child when i was 17 year old i did a test and i had sperm but the tails were wrong now iv no count what can i do am desperate for a child i am doing anther test but is there any thig i can do please help

when i did the test when i was 17 year old i had sperm but the tails where wrong since then i started smoking and took steroids and drank alot, i did the test again 2 year ago and they came back with 0 sperm count i did a home test one last week and it came back 0 i am doing another test at hospital but my family doctor dosent know alot about it. i don't know where to turn to next i have been looking thing up on the internet but how would i go about see a professional do i go through my doctor or ivf clinic please help

Hi again Anon

Thanks for the update!

Depending on your insurance, you may need to get a referral from your doctor. You can check your policy to see.
But it does appear that you will need an expert.

Good luck to you!

Hi Anonymous

I'm unaware if a bronchial issue should affect a sperm count - but I have never heard of a correlation.

Drinking can affect a man's ability to have children but would not make him sterile - meaning having no sperm count.

You may be unable to have children because you were born that way (this is the case with most infertile men).

The University of California/San Fransisco has a good article on treatments for male infertility - I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about some options listed in this article.
I hope this helps!

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines