I have brown spotting, is this a sign of a late period or pregnancy?

My period last month came on May 3rd. I haven't everbeen more than 2-3 days late but I have been a few weeks early a few months ago. I was ovulating May 19th, had sex that weekend, but we used a condom and found no rips or anything that we could tell. I was expecting my period June 2nd but I am a week late. I now have brown spotting and I had cramps all week like I was going to get my period but a little more painful. Is this a sign of a late period or pregnancy?

For anyone who was in the similar boat as I was, I did get my period within 8 hours of spotting. Doesn't mean everyone is in the clear like I was but atill, it is possible :)

The brown spotting and a week of cramping sounds like your period may come soon. If your period does not start by the end of the week, you should take a home pregnancy test.

I am concerned that there is a chance of pregnancy since you had sexual intercourse within days of ovulating. Though the condom didn't break, they are not 100% effective.