Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: i have burning sensation in both soles of feet. medicines did not help. what next

By mgravi

age 72yrs man. since past 1 yr, burning, tingling sensation when sitting or lying down. reduced while walking but increases while lying down. no pain, swelling, or other problem. doctors could not diagnose the cause. looking for self care.
not diabetic and in excellent physical and mental health.

arian

Have you ever checked your Blood Cholesterol yet ?
Just try to test it and it might be high.

Anonymous (reply to arian)

would high cholesterol cause burning and tingling in the feet?

snackcake07

I am having the same issues! My feet (soles) burn and tingle constantly - I never notice it during the day when I am busy and moving around, but as soon as I sit still the burning and tingling drive me nuts!!! Sometimes the sensation is so bad it is almost painful! My doctor just shrugged it off when I mentioned it but it has been going on now for about 5 years! Recently this has been accompanied with a numbness in some of my toes - especially the big toe on the right foot! I don't understand it and have never found a solution - I know living with this for much longer will drive me insane!!! Any ideas?
I am a 50 yr young female and active. No diabetes - just a ton of weight gain due to menopause! this sensation started before the mass weight gain of 75lbs!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, and doctors were not able to help. We will do some research, to see what the possibilities could be.

Can you tell us what medication(s) you were prescribed, and what other treatment options you have tried?

Is the burning/tingling sensation only in your feet? Is it a stationary feeling, or does it travel up your feet and legs?

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :