ask: I have BV and how long does it last?

By Anonymous January 20, 2010 - 6:46am

I have brown discharge that smells i have had it for the past 4 days

Antibiotics will make the odor go away for only a short time. I have had BV for almost 9 months now on and off. You can't repeatedly take drugs to solve my problems and only get a short-lived solution. I agree with you and suggest researching for more natural alternatives.

Bv is a common viganal bacteria , it comes and goes, sometime taking days and sometimes months, well i would advise you to check natural cures, visit http://www.bacterialvaginosisexpert.com/ for natural remedies that will help you reduce you bv occurance

Dear Anon,

Have you seen your Physician about the brown discharge and bad odor? If not, you should. Bacterial Vaginosis is easily treated but may be a sign of another underlying condition and can increase your chances of getting Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or even of contracting HIV and other STD's.

If you haven't seen a doctor yet, don't assume that because you have a smelly brown discharge that it is BV.

With antibiotics, BV can go away within a week or so-- but you have to be treated for it. Don't ignore it. Here is more information from EmpowHer that I definitely think you should read over...

How do you control your PMS?: