I have chronic UTI'S and prescribed daily antibiotics for prevention. I no longer want to take them. Am now drinking pure unsweetened cranberry juice daily. Any sugestions?

By Anonymous March 30, 2016 - 11:45am

Thank you for your question!

I sympathize with you on UTI's - they really are dreadful.

Real cranberry juice is a great place to start. You may also want to take a daily cranberry supplement. Lingonberries may also help, as well as blueberries.

Drinking a lot of water daily could help avoid UTIs and make sure to pee after sex.

You can read more here on our UTI page: http://www.empowher.com/condition/urinary-tract-infection