Mental Health

Mental Health Guide

ask: i have cist in my right breast may it can cause cancer?

Lynda F

I have several cysts in my breasts. Every once in a while they become sore and inflamed, but then go down in a few days. I have found that drinking Chamomeil (sp?) tea helps to keep the flare ups down to a minimum. Only once about 10 years ago was one so bad it needed to be drained. Since then, I just deal with them and in a couple of days they are gone. I seem to have become a cyst making machine since I turned 50...........UGH. The first one worried me as it was so sore and was the first one ever (and I do have family history of breast cancer on my mom's side), so I ran to my doctor to have it checked out and that was when I discovered that if it is sore, it is a cyst and will go down on its own. If it doesn't then a doctor can easily drain it in the office. At least that was my experience.

Cysts is the breast are fluid filled sacs that are pretty common in women under 50 and are generally harmless since they are not tumors or cancerous but they can be painful. If you have had them see to/tested and everything is fine, then you should be fine.

Check out this article on breast cysts: http://www.empowher.com/breast-cysts/content/what-are-breast-cysts

Let us know if we can help you more!

Have you experienced postpartum depression?: