I have a fairly regular cycle, usually lasting 25-28 days. I was supposed to start my period four days ago but have not yet. My husband and I have had protected sex throughout the month and the condom hasn't torn.

I was under quite a bit of stress around the time I was probably ovulating and have continued to have a very stressful couple of weeks. Could this be the cause of my late period?

Since you are always protected, it's very unlikely that you are pregnant but if your period hasn't come in the next few days, take a pregnancy test.

How old are you? Our periods change as we get older, especially after we turn 35. If you are younger than this, you may just be randomly late (for no apparent reason) and your period will be along any time now. Unless you have stopped, started medications or have been ill/unduly stressed, there's likely nothing to worry about.